VA Maryland Health Care System
2012 Valentines for Veterans Concert: Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards
TEMPTATIONS REVIEW FEATURING DENNIS EDWARDS
to Perform at VAlentines for Veterans Concert, Capping National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
The 3rd Annual VAlentines for Veterans Concert starring The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards caps the VA Maryland Health Care System’s observance of National Salute to Veteran Patients Week. Because the concert also serves as the 6th Annual Welcome Home Celebration, a number of returning Veterans and their families will be in the audience. Approximately 200 Veteran inpatients from the Loch Raven VA Community Living & Rehabilitation Center, and the VA Medical Centers in Baltimore, Perry Point, Martinsburg, West Virginia, and Washington, DC, will also be a part of the audience. A variety of Veteran Service Organizations, nonprofit groups and local community members helped to fund this free event through more than $35,000 in donations.
WHO: The VA Maryland Health Care System, Help Hospitalized Veterans, and
The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards
WHAT: VAlentines for Veterans Concert: A Veterans Appreciation & Welcome Home
WHERE: Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 18, Pre-Concert Program, 2 p.m., Performance starts at 3 p.m.
- More than 200 Veteran inpatients from the Baltimore and Perry Point VA Medical Center, the Loch Raven VA Community Living & Rehabilitation Center; and the VA Medical Centers in Martinsburg, West Virginia, and Washington, DC, will be in attendance.
- Janice Chance of Baltimore is one of the speakers at the pre-concert ceremony. Chance, whose son Jesse—a Marine Captain—was killed in 2008, is a Gold Star Mother. In honor of her son’s memory, Chance volunteers in the Emergency Department at the Baltimore VA Medical Center. The Gold Star Mothers will be present in uniform (all white) at the concert. The Gold Star Mothers are a group of mothers who have lost their sons and daughters during military service.
- Ryan C. Major, 27, an Iraqi War Veteran, will represent Maryland’s Returning Veterans when he accepts an award
- As the 6th Annual Welcome Home Celebration, there will be a number of returning Veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan in attendance with their family members.
- Volunteers who regularly contribute their time and talent to support the hospitalized Veterans will be in attendance
- Chocolate heart lollipops will be distributed to all concert attendees in honor of Valentine’s Day.
Note to reporters: A pre-concert program will start at 2 p.m. to acknowledge Veterans and sponsors. The band takes the stage at approximately 3p.m. Cameras are allowed to film the first 15 minutes of The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards performance. If you plan to cover the concert or you want to interview Veterans and/or volunteers, please contact Rosalia Scalia, public affairs specialist for the VA Maryland Health Care System by Friday, Feb. 16 at email@example.com, or at 410.605.7464, or via cell phone at 410.736.8444.