VA Maryland Health Care System
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
The Release of Information Staff has expert knowledge in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information Office is located in the Health Information Management Section of Medical Administration Service at the Baltimore and Perry Point VA Medical Centers. The phone numbers for the Release of Information Offices are:
- Baltimore VA Medical Center: (410) 605-7348
- Perry Point VA Medical Center: (410) 642-2411, ext. 26028
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please complete one of the forms listed in the column to the right. You need to complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to one of the following Release of Information Offices listed below. Please note, faxed forms are reserved for Emergency Medical Treatment only.
* Please only fax a request for Emergency treatment needs.
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 10-20 business days to process.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.