VA Maryland Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:06 PM EDT
To All VA Maryland Health Care System Veteran Patients & Visitors:
As the situation evolves, we want you to keep you informed on the latest safeguards that we have put in place to protect you and others from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Listed below are the latest updates:
- Closing of Outpatient Clinics: Effective Monday, March 30, 2020, all VA Maryland Health Care System outpatient clinics will be closing temporarily to protect against the spread of COVID-19. This includes the Primary Care Clinics at the Baltimore, Loch Raven and Perry Point VA Medical Centers (VAMC), and all services at the Cambridge, Eastern Baltimore County, Fort Meade, Glen Burnie and Pocomoke City VA Outpatient Clinics.
- All routine outpatient clinic visits will be conducted via a telephone or video visit or rescheduled as appropriate, except for oncology, radiation oncology and other specialty care clinic visits that are medically necessary. You will be contacted by your clinical team if your still scheduled for a face-to-face visit.
- Medical Emergencies: If you are having a medical or mental health emergency, dial 911 immediately.
- Telephone Care Line: If you need medical advice, call the Telephone Care Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-865-2441.
- Veterans Crisis Line: If you are a Veteran in crisis, there are specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by calling 800-273-8255 and Press 1.
- Flu-Like Symptoms: If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, call the Telephone Care Line at 800-865-2441, and press 1.
- Mail-Order Prescriptions Only: Pharmacy is switching to all mail-order prescriptions in order to limit exposure to COVID-19. The Outpatient Pharmacies at the Baltimore and Perry Point VAMC will ONLY honor emergent prescription needs for in-person pick up. Emergent prescriptions include post-surgical, emergency department and discharge medication needs. All other medications and supplies will be mailed. Please allow 7 to 10 days for prescription delivery. Veterans have the following options to refill their prescriptions:
- By calling the Prescription Refill Line at 410-605-7395. After hearing the greeting, enter your full nine-digit Social Security number followed by the “#” sign. Next, press option “2” for Pharmacy Information, and then press option “1” to order prescription refills.
- By completing and signing the refill request slip you received with your prescription and using the mailing label that was included to send it in to one of our two pharmacies.
- By submitting a refill request through My HealtheVet at www.myhealth.va.gov.
- If you have no remaining refills, call the Prescription Refill Line at 410-605-7395. After hearing the greeting, enter your full nine-digit Social Security number followed by the “#” sign. Next, press option “2” for Pharmacy Information, and then press option “8” to talk to a pharmacy representative.
- COVID-19 Testing: The VA Maryland Health Care System is currently only offering COVID-19 testing for hospitalized patients who meet specified criteria. COVID-19 testing is not currently offered for outpatients or walk-in patients.
For a full listing of all COVID-19-related updates and guidance from the VA Maryland Health Care System, please visit www.maryland.va.gov/COVID-19.asp.
You can also receive COVID-19-updates by calling our VA Maryland Health Care System COVID-19 Information Line at 410-605-7384. (This is a recording only and does not accept voicemails.)
For the latest guidance from VA about the Coronavirus, visit https://www.va.gov/coronavirus/.
Thank you for your patience and for helping us to keep all Veteran patients, staff, volunteers and visitors safe.
VA Maryland Health Care System
|VA Maryland Health Care System||Normal Hours|
|Baltimore VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Perry Point VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Loch Raven VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Cambridge VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Eastern Baltimore County VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Glen Burnie VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Loch Raven VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Fort Meade VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Pocomoke City VA Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-865-2441
- Change Your Appointment: 410-605-7333
- Media Inquiries: 410-605-7101 or 410-605-7098
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: Not Available
- Pharmacy Refill: 410-605-7395
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 1-800-865-2441